Job Title: Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Type: Tampa, FL
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com
Diversified Maintenance is a nationwide leader in providing quality janitorial services. Our customer-centric culture, dedication to quality service, and unique management structure has gained us steady growth over the past 20 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages accountability in the administration of first and third party worker’s compensation claims.
- Understands and operationalizes programs, policies, and procedures for: reporting, investigation, and analysis; litigation management; resolution/outcome management; and the delivery of claim information.
- Manages litigated and moderately complex claims and entrusted with significant settlement authority.
- Understands and communicates claims management philosophy and strategy to business unit and regional management.
- Builds, maintains, and manages relationships with claims adjusters, insurers, outside legal counsel, and other claims related parties.
- Ensures external reporting requirements are met. Operationalizes the design, analysis and delivery of claim information, which influences risk management behavior through performance metrics and benchmarking.
- Responsible for Interaction/communication/instruction with field staff on open/current claims and actions omitted that are required
- Review of open claims, communications with adjusters to determine plan of action, provides additional recommendations to adjuster of action essential for control ; review appropriateness of reserves
- Responsible for the oversight of modified workers-interacts with adjuster and field to get medical discharge and eliminate modified work status
- Manages the monopolistic states WC programs( OH, ND,WA)and their associated claims
- Acts as liaison between benefits. payroll, human resources. legal and corporate and field employees with compensation partner
- Develop dashboards, collects data and prepare reports for senior management
- Conducts WC training of Corporate and Field employees.
- Assist in the development and presentation of educational programs for work-site injury and illness prevention
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates preferred
- 5-10 years of claims management experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Google Documents
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Bilingual – English and Spanish preferred.
Diversified Maintenance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.