Job Title: Accounts Receivable Collector
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Birmingham, AL
To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversified Maintenance is a nationwide leader in providing quality janitorial services. Our customer-centric culture, dedication to quality service, and unique management structure has gained us steady growth over the past 40 years.
Accounts Receivable overall function is to ensure that all customers will pay the company according to what has been agreed by the customers and the company. Main function includes calling customers with nearby due payment dates, due payments and beyond due payments, then encourage all customers to do auto-bill to help lessen the company manpower efforts and expense.
Develop and maintain excellent relations with new and existing customers resulting in increased levels of customer compliance. This is to be achieved through proactive and reactive communication with our customers who have pending balances with us.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of our portfolio of products and services in order to understand customers’ needs to be able to help resell the value if needed when collecting balances to help prevent cancellations.
- Proactively contact customers who are identified with pending balances and ensure that every opportunity to collect these customers is investigated.
- Identify opportunities to turn dissatisfied customers into happy customers.
- Identify new business practices that could be introduced or suggest modifications to existing practices that could reduce the risk of increasing pending balances.
- Report regularly to team leader on all activities relating to the role.
- Meet department production and performance consistently.
Skills and Experience:
- Confidence and enthusiasm.
- Experience in a general office, customer service or sales role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage their own workload
- Pro-active approach to process improvement
- 2+ years of solid collections experience
- Intermediate Excel experience
Diversified Maintenance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.