Job Title: Area Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Job Type: Full Time
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com
Diversified Maintenance Systems LLC, is a nationwide leader in providing quality janitorial services. Our customer-centric culture, dedication to quality service, and unique management structure has gained us steady growth over the past 45 years.
Under the direction of the Division Manager, the Area Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and supervision of District/Project managers in order to ensure customer satisfaction through the delivery of quality service and to provide such service in a timely manner and within the established budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete the service delivery process by assuring that each account is properly staffed, work schedules are developed and implemented, sufficient equipment and supplies are maintained, personally visiting each account on a biweekly basis to inspect and evaluate cleanliness, safety and OSHA compliance, and to maintain effective employee relations with both supervisory and hourly employees.
- Increase management effectiveness by orienting, training, coaching, counseling, teaching, communicating objectives, monitoring and appraising job results, and developing a climate so information and opinions are shared openly.
- Maintain the stability of assigned areas by communicating Rite Way’s value system, enforcing ethical business practices, and assuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Assure effective communication is maintained with Sales and Customer Service representatives so that customer complaints and problems are resolved timely, accounts with serious problems are known, input is given for sales proposals, and bid preparations, and adjustments are recommended in contractual arrangements based on operational needs.
- Assure all paperwork such as payroll changes, safety and OSHA reports, workers compensation and unemployment reports, termination /disciplinary actions, training records, new hire packets, etc. is completed timely.
- Review and evaluate all management reports such as labor, equipment, supplies, job cost etc., and take corrective action where necessary to assure compliance with budget and contract standards.
The Area Manager supervises several subordinate supervisors who each supervise approximately 5 to 50 employees depending on the size of the account in the project or district. The manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of accounts in their areas; carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Way’s policies, procedures, and all applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, orienting training, assigning and directing work; appraising work performance; rewarding, recognizing, and discipline of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and have a valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two years of college and /or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Diversified Maintenance Systems, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.