Diversified Maintenance Systems LLC,* is a nationwide leader in providing quality janitorial services. Our customer-centric culture, dedication to quality service, and unique management structure has gained us steady growth over the past 40 years.
Sr. Staff Accountant
Responsible for the performance of cash and management functions, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting. Use established Accounting principles to work under limited supervision and to provide assistance to the management of the team with daily operations.
- Perform regular and recurring accounting functions requiring professional competency
- Generate, review, analyze, and communicate financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets
- Analyze and/or assist with analysis of accounting transactions
- Audit items in order to calculate costs
- Prepare general ledger journal entries and analysis of accounts
- Prioritize and maintain organization of a high volume work load; may also monitor and evaluate workload of others
- Record cash-related transactions and monitor daily bank balances
- Prepare bank reconciliations (checking, money market, and security deposit accounts)
- Review invoices to ensure proper recording of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Create and distribute accurate internal and external reports
- Create and maintain computer-based account files
- Prepare and process revenue and expense accruals
- Ensure books and financials are in accordance with all required accounting standards
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management
- Manage and provide support and guidance to others
- Effectively communicate and respond to internal and external accounting questions
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience preferredor any similar combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with accounting or database software packages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use a 10 Key computer board
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Diversified Maintenance Systems, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit Indeed.com, Diversified Maintenance, Birmingham, AL to view this and other opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time