Job Title: Payroll Tax/Garnishment Specialist
To Apply: Send your resume to CMerwin@diversifiedM.com
Diversified Maintenance Systems LLC, is a nationwide leader in providing quality janitorial services. Our customer-centric culture, dedication to quality service, and unique management structure has gained us steady growth over the past 17 years.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Tax/Garnishment Specialist at our Corporate Office in Tampa, FL.
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of tax payments and associated filings to the federal, state and local authorities.
- Monitor new tax regulations and provisions
- Ensure compliance to legal requirements and tax regulations
- Works with ADP on changes, updates, and/or additions to any current processes, to include areas of processing,
- Approve Tax agency reports
- Responsible for all Tax compliance matters
- Ensures timely and accurate tax payments, filings, and responses to associated authorities
- Processes garnishments
- Proactively maintain technical knowledge in specialized area(s); remain up-to-date on current trends and best practices
- Interacts with various departments (i.e. Legal, Accounting, A/P, Tax) including coordination with Human Resources staff relating to changes in pay rates, withholdings, benefits and special pays (i.e. incentive).
- Accurately process payroll in a timely manner.
- Review downloaded payroll information for completeness and accuracy.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance, 401k deductions, etc.
- Contact various clients for any missed payroll data.
- Create payroll report
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree (AA) preferred and 2 or more years of related experience
- 1 year Wage Attachment and Payroll experience in a high volume office/department.
- Knowledge of interpreting, entering and paying withholding orders including, but not limited to garnishments, child supports, student loans, and federal and state tax levies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Working knowledge of ADP payroll is required, ADP Payforce is a plus
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
Diversified Maintenance Systems, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.