Job Title: Paralegal
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Type: Full Time
To Apply: Send your resume to sbailey@diversifiedM.com
- Contract Management Experience: Reviewing and drafting contracts.: 1 year
- Litigation and claims management background to assist with claim tenders and liability litigation.: 1 year
- Discovery practices such as gathering and organizing documents and other materials to respond: 1 year
Diversified Maintenance Systems, LLC seeks an experienced Paralegal for Contract Management to include reviewing and drafting contracts, managing a contract database and assisting with contract renewal. The ideal candidate would also have a litigation or claims management background to assist with customer claim tenders and the Company’s premise liability litigation.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Review and revise contracts from the bid team and other management.
- Negotiate contract language as part of the Company’s bid and/or renewal process.
- Track and monitor contracts and addendums for ongoing compliance and renewals.
- Summarize contracts for pertinent business units.
- Assist the vendor management team in drafting and securing contracts and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Assist in discovery practices such as to gather and organize documents and other materials in response to subpoenas, discovery requests, interrogatories, etc.
- Assist and facilitate audits of certain internal procedures, including but not limited to the company’s subcontractor files.
- Prepare concise and accurate audit reports by assembling, correlating and analyzing the facts obtained, and also prepare detailed charts and schedules as necessary.
- Subpoena review and production, including the preservation and collection of electronic data, or production of electronic discovery.
- Work with the TPA to provide necessary internal investigation and documents with regard to general liability insurance claims.
- Assist as necessary with the company’s internal insurance review processes for all lines of insurance.
- Serve as a limited liaison between internal clients, claims adjusters and representatives, witnesses, third parties, outside counsel and other outside contacts.
- Compile documents responsive to subpoenas, discovery requests and attend document productions.
- Draft, prepare and perform limited reviews of legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, discovery materials, appeals and contracts.
- Must have working knowledge of proven contract negotiating and management skills, strong organizational skills, effective communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5 years’ applicable experience, along with a paralegal certificate, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with courtesy and tact among a diverse group of personalities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under tight time constraints while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Initiative and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Google Documents.
- Advanced computer technology skills including Microsoft Office 2013, document management and litigation support software; ability to collect and preserve electronic data and conduct electronic discovery.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
Note: This is Corporate Position.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Background check required.
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation
Diversified Maintenance Systems, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.