Job Title: Environmental, Health and Safety Director
To Apply: Send your resume to Gschoch@diversifiedm.com
Diversified Maintenance, is a nationwide leader in providing quality contract janitorial services. Our customer-centric culture, dedication to quality of service, attention to details and unique management structure has gained us steady growth over the past 17 years.
Our Company is currently seeking for an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety Director to join our team!
The company is based in Tampa, FL but the candidate can be based anywhere in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Implementing, training, managing and auditing all workplace safety.
• Promote a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment
• Developing and implementing field safety policies
• Ensure Compliance with all state and federal regulations, including OSHA and other required industry regulations.
• Reduction in incident rates
• Cost management
• Other duties as assigned
This director position is responsible for the overall implementing, training, managing and auditing all workplace safety and occupational safety for all Diversified Maintenance Systems, LLC’s direct hire locations across the country. This position will promote a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment through the development and implementation of field safety policies, training, procedures and programs, all of which will include the participation, involvement and support of all Safety Liaisons, Field Management, Legal and Compliance and Corporate Operations. The Director will also be responsible for the design of an audit system to ensure (1) that employees are working in an environment complying with all state and federal regulations, including OSHA and other required industry regulations, and with training necessary for compliance, (ii) the protection of employees and the prevention of accidents/incidents, (iii) reduction of incident rates; and (iv) cost management.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university and six to ten years related experience and/or training in a safety position.
• Must be willing and able to travel at least 75% of the time, and on short notice as required.
• Fluency in Spanish is highly recommended.
• Demonstrates high-level competencies in analytical, problem solving, communication, interpersonal, presentation, training and organizational skills.
• Works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects; makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities.
• Persists and finishes projects despite obstacles, or redirects when necessary; takes extra steps to prevent mistakes or create opportunities.
• Working knowledge and experience of OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc. regulations.
Prior military and retired military personnel are encouraged to apply.
E.O.E/Drug Free Workplace
Based on Experience
Six to ten years related experience and/or training in a safety position.: 5 years
Interested parties may submit resumes to Gschoch@diversifiedm.com